Network and Server
Intelligent and efficient network power protection from entry level to scalable runtime
Smart-UPS are trusted by millions of IT professionals throughout the world to protect equipment and critical data from costly interruptions by supplying reliable, network-grade power reliably and efficiently. Available in a variety of forms factors and classes (entry level, standard and extended run), there is a model for nearly every application and budget. Standard models are the most popular UPS in the world for business servers, storage and network devices and have long been considered the benchmark for reliability and manageability. Entry level Smart-UPS models are an economical choice for small and medium businesses looking to protect small networking devices, point-of-sale (POS) equipment and entry level servers. The extended run models accept external battery packs for long runtime to power critical servers, security and communication systems through outages that could last hours.
• Automatic self-test - Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced
• Automatic restart of loads after UPS shutdown - Automatically starts up the connected equipment upon the return of utility power
• Disconnected battery notification - Warns when a battery is not available to provide backup power
• Boost and Trim Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) - Gives higher application availability by correcting low and high voltage conditions without using the battery (not available on all models)
• Power conditioning - Protects connected loads from surges, spikes, lightning, and other power disturbances
• Intelligent battery management - Maximizes battery performance, life, and reliability through intelligent, precision charging
• Temperature-compensated battery charging - Prolongs battery life by regulating the charge voltage according to battery temperature
• Adjustable voltage sensitivity - Provides the ability to adapt the UPS for optimal performance in specific power environments or generator applications
• Adjustable voltage-transfer points - Maximizes useful battery life by widening the input voltage window or tightening the output voltage regulation
• LED status indicators - Quickly understand unit and power status with visual indicators.
• Network manageable - Most models provide remote power management options of the UPS over the network. Many do not have NMC embedded.
• Serial connectivity - Provides management of the UPS via a serial port.
• USB connectivity - Provides management of the UPS via a USB port (not available on all models).
• Audible alarms - Provides notification of changing utility power and UPS conditions.
• Resettable circuit breakers - Enables a quick recovery from overload events.
• User-replaceable batteries - Increases availability by allowing a trained user to perform upgrades and replacements of the batteries reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR).
• Hot-swappable batteries - Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment while batteries are being replaced.
• Battery failure notification - Provides early-warning fault analysis on batteries enabling timely preventive maintenance.
• Predictive failure notification. - Provides early-warning fault analysis ensuring proactive component replacement.
• Safety-agency approved - Ensures the product has been tested and approved to work safely with the connected service provider equipment and within the specified environment