PowerChute Personal Edition software provides safe system shutdown in the event of an extended power outage or computer power problem, preventing potential data corruption. Designed for exceptional usability, it provides first-time users with optimal PC power protection based on APC industry-leading power management expertise. Users also have the option to tailor PowerChute settings for their individual circumstances. Energy cost and CO2 monitoring provides users with a greater understanding of the energy consumed by protected equipment and energy plans enable cost savings. Note: Features vary by Back-UPS model and by operating system.
• PowerChute Personal Edition OS Compatibility
• This software supports numerous operating systems and processors.
• Compatible with Back-UPS models: Back-UPS ES, Back-UPS CS, Back-UPS LS, Back-UPS RS
• Status at a glance - Quickly assess power status
• Automatic self-test - Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
• Power performance - Summarizes power problems such as blackouts and electrical noise over time.
• Exclusive silent operation at night - Ensures you won't lose sleep over your PC power protection
• Installation - Fast, easy installation takes the guesswork out of configuration for first-time users
• Context-sensitive help - Jargon-free, context-sensitive help answers questions quickly
• Hibernation - Preserves entire state of system and speeds time to recovery.
• Operating System Shutdown - Prevents possible data corruption by performing graceful, unattended operating system shutdown in the event of an extended power outage or computer power problem.