Small magnetic safety switch for non-contact door monitoring
RE1 magnetic safety switches are equipped with either complementary NC/NO contacts or equivalent N/O contacts which are addressed directly with coded magnetic actuators. Magnetic safety switches are used in areas where a high level of contamination occurs. They are simple to clean, thereby enabling high standards of hygiene. Their principle of operation enables greater tolerances, making them ideal for applications where precise guidance of the protective device is difficult.
At a glance
Response range up to 7 mm
2 or 3 contacts
Up to performance level PL e (EN ISO 13849)
Sensors with plug connector or connected cable
Flexi Loop-compatible M12 plug connector (depending on variant)
• Reliable functionality for non-contact door monitoring
The RE1 magnetic safety switch is used to monitor doors and flaps up to IP67. It impresses with its long service life, a low-wear and -maintenance design and space-saving mounting. At the same time, the RE1 also offers reliable functionality even under unfavorable ambient conditions, such as heavy contamination.
Low-maintenance with easy cleaning
Low-wear operation enables a longer maintenance cycle and higher machine availability.
Without grooves and openings, the RE1 is very easy to clean and is perfectly suited for use on doors and flaps up to IP67 as well as in heavily contaminated areas.
High machine availability thanks to low-wear operation: The RE1 non-contact safety switch
• Up to performance level e with improved protection against manipulation
Thanks to the high tolerance to door offset, the RE1 can be used for all sliding and swinging doors and enables the highest level of machine availability. Using special function blocks in the safety controller, the RE1 can achieve performance level e in accordance with EN ISO 13849 and also offers higher protection against manipulation.
Thanks to its magnetic operation, the RE1 offers more protection against manipulation than electro-mechanical safety switches and helps considerably lower the risk of accidents.
In combination with the appropriate safety function block in the controller, the RE1 can achieve performance level e.
The RE1 magnetic safety switch combines improved protection against manipulation and the highest performance
Fields of applications
• Monitoring of safety doors and removable guards
• Applications requiring a high standard of hygiene
• Applications where precise guidance of the safety door is not possible
• Long service life due to durable and low-maintenance design
• Space-saving mounting due to compact housing design
• Just one safety switch in conjunction with a suitable safety module makes it possible to solve applications up to PL e and Cat. 4 (EN ISO 13849)
• High level of machine availability due to high tolerances for door misalignment
• The devices are easy to clean, making them suitable for contaminated areas or environments with strict hygiene standards
• Flexi Loop now enables a safe series connection with enhanced diagnostics capabilities and minimal wiring effort.