- Over time UPS batteries wear out.
This leads to a loss of power capacity and runtime. Here are five reasons why you should only use a genuine APC RBC in your APC UPS:
• Use of a non-APC battery may result in lower run time, damage the UPS, create a hazardous condition, or void UL, CSA, VDE, and other safety certifications on the UPS.
• Use of a non-APC battery will void APC's Equipment Protection Policy.
• APC recycles used batteries and almost 100% of the battery lead content is reused, protecting the environment. With each purchase of a genuine APC replacement battery, you get free freight back to APC for proper disposal of your old batteries (currently available in USA only).
• APC provides a 1-year warranty on each Replacement Battery Cartridge.
• APC supplies the appropriate instructions for your UPS, along with any needed wires and connectors. All connections are made with high current gas-tight crimps for high reliability.